The XOR Universal MediaLibrary T-series is a top-of-the-line adaptive, media-centric storage solution that offers high availability, optimum performance, high capacity, scalability, and flexible NAS and SAN connectivity for direct ingest, edit-in-place, archive, and play-to-air.
The Universal MediaLibrary (UML) features simultaneous NAS and SAN access. Files on the UML can be accessed via Fibre Channel, iSCSI, CIFS, NFS, and FTP without needing to reconfigure the system or set up gateways.
The UML T-series boasts of a massive storage capacity from 72TB up to 288TB per unit or node. It can scale out in capacity up to 64ZB in a single global namespace. Scale-out performance starts with up to 17Gbps throughput per node, which linearly increases as nodes are added in the cluster. Dynamic online expansion in capacity and performance happens in less than 10 seconds.
The UML T-series is reliable, with field-replaceable parts, hot-swappable drives, and redundant power supplies. It ensures no single point of failure with RAID 6 protection and High Availability controllers.
• Simultaneous NAS and SAN with no reconfiguration or gateways
• SAN: Fibre Channel or iSCSI
• NAS: CIFS, NFS, FTP
• Integrates with LDAP and Active Directory
• From 72TB to 288TB per 5RU storage matrix
• Scale-out performance of up to 17Gbps throughput per node
• Scale-out capacity of up to 64ZB in a single global namespace
• Real-time PTA
• High-performance production
• Media factory applications
Media-centric file layout and performance
• Space efficiency for small files and high streaming performance for large files
• Quick response for index files and real-time throughput for media files
• Client-based bandwidth control
• RAID 6-protected drives and HA controllers
• File-level mirroring and replication
• HA Server Pair: Two 2RU rack-mountable servers
• Storage Matrix Array: 5RU rack-mountable chassis
• HA Server Pair (Per Server Head): Dual 720W supplies
• Storage Matrix Array: Four 850W power supplies, two minimum for operation
• HA Server Pair (Per Server Head): 3.5"H x 17.2"W x 24.8"D
• Storage Matrix Array: 8.75"H x 17.7"W x 30.0"D
• HA Server Pair: 43.5 lbs (19.7 kg)
• Storage Matrix Array:
- Chassis without drives 85 lbs (38.6 kg)
- Chassis with seventy-two drives 239 lbs (108.4 kg)